LANDMARK PROGRAM: Rehabilitation & Development of Mangrove Forest Ecosystem in Thai Binh Province, Viet Nam
Countries: Thai Thuy & Tien Hai District, Thai Binh Province, Viet NamDuration: 10 years ( 2014 - 2023)
To sustainably rehabilitate and develop mangrove forest ecosystems, protect biodiversity, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize impacts of climate change, protect the costal dyke system, enhance knowledge related to mangrove forests, and improve livelihoods of local communities in the long-run.
- Planting, supplementary planting and protection of mangrove forest
- Training for capacity building and communication
- Planting 80 ha of new mangrove forest
- Supplementary planting (enrichment) of 80ha
- Protect 960ha of mangrove forest (including new areas of afforestation and supplementary planting, and existing mangrove areas)
- Utilize 2 maps to monitor the project’s achievements for respective commune, including 1) present land use map and 2) project intervention map
- Produce a technical survey report and detailed design for the new planting, supplementary planting, protection of mangrove forest
- Training packages for ten (10)training courses on mangrove restoration and management, including nursery management, planting techniques, protection and conservation.
- Four (4) commune regulations on the management of mangrove forest
- Reports on domestic and international study tours
- Develop and operate publicity activities in the project sites, including the use of signboards and posters, and the distribution of leaflets and booklets, etc.
- Provincial plan on mangrove development and protection will be prepared and submitted to the Competent Authority for approval