AFoCO Landmark Scholarships finance government officials from ASEAN Member states to study for a graduate degree in the field of forestry in the Republic of Korea.
As future leaders in the region with a lasting understanding of pressing forestry-related issues in the region, AFoCO’s Scholars will play an active role in the forestry sector in their home countries and engage in in the implementation and setting of related policies. Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals who aspire to make a difference by maximizing the forest sector’s contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and have a clear idea of how a graduate study program in Korea would benefit the forestry sector in their country in a long term perspective.
Every year, AFoCO offers up to 5 full-time scholarships for Masters and Doctoral programs in the Republic of Korea. Our scholars are awarded through a rigorous selection process, in accordance with the aim and purpose of the organization. Both academic merits and career experiences are taken into consideration.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- The Landmark Scholarship Program is a nomination-based scholarship, which accepts high-caliber applicants who have been nominated by Focal Officials of participating countries of the Program.
- Applicants must be citizens of any of the ten (10) ASEAN Member Countries participating in the Landmark Scholarship Program: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic background and relevant work experience.
- Applicants must possess excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Master’s degree applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a degree that is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral degree applicants must hold a Master’s degree or a degree that is equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
(CLOSED) Application for 2020 Landmark Scholarship Program
The call for scholarship applications for master’s and doctoral studies starting in Spring 2020 is now closed. Information about the next call for applications will be released in April 2020. The eligibility criteria, as well as the application procedures and schedule, may differ from previous years.
Our partner universities include Chungbuk National University, Chungnam National University, Dongguk University, Kangwon National University, Kongju National University, Kookmin University, Seoul National University, and Yeungnam University.
Learn more about how the AFoCO Landmark Scholarship Program has impacted our Scholars!