|Publication/Transmission Date||:||10 May 2022|
|Deadline for Application||:||23 May 2022|
|Job Title||:||Regional Project Manager|
|Type of Appointment||:||Non-staff Personnel|
|Type of Requisition||:||Personal Service Agreement|
|Duration of Appointment||:||One (1) year (Renewable contingent on performance)|
|Indicative Annual Salary||:||Up to USD 77,100 (To be decided after consultation)|
|Organizational Unit||:||Cooperation and Project Division, Secretariat for Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO)|
|Duty Station||:||One of the four (4) project implementing countries: Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Viet Nam|
|Expected Date for Entry on Duty||:||At the earliest possible date after mutual consultation|
Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO) is an inter-governmental organization currently embracing sixteen (16) countries in Asia. AFoCO aims to strengthen regional cooperation by transforming proven technology and policies into concrete actions in the context of sustainable forest management to address the impact of climate change. The AFoCO Secretariat is inviting qualified candidates for the post of Regional Project Manager to ensure the successful implementation of the AFoCO Regional Project, entitled: “Capacity Building on Enhancing Resilience to Forest Fire, and Local Livelihood and Market Linkages”.
This project aims to 1) develop an integrated fire management system through the introduction of early detection and monitoring systems, provision of fire suppression equipment, and involvement of local communities along with restoration of forest land disturbed by fire; 2) strengthen community forest livelihoods and Strengthening Capacities and Market Linkages in Community Forestry Micro-Small-Medium Enterprise development (MSME); and, 3) strengthen institutional and technical capacities for the integrated management of forest fires through training programs and public awareness-raising activities.
The Regional Project Manager will be working in the Implementation and Monitoring (IM) team under the Cooperation and Project division (CPD) of the AFoCO Secretariat and directly reporting to the division director of CPD for supervision and guidance. CPD is responsible for developing and formulating cooperative projects/programs and coordinating the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the cooperative activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and direct supervision of the division director, or his designate of the Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat, the incumbent of this post will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports and ensures the preparation of documents and procedures to facilitate and complete project inception/launching;
- Coordinates and packages relevant reports for timely submission, such as but not limited to: annual/mid-year physical/financial report and monthly updates for appropriate reporting to the project management through proper channel;
- Supports all requirements and inputs to facilitate project implementation, monitoring/evaluation leading to full closure of the project including reporting, project documentation and knowledge management consolidation;
- Performs partnership coordination:
- Coordinates information exchange among project participants and partners
- Coordinates planning, networking activities, and communication and outreach, including coordination and consolidation of work plans across the project organizational structure (from Project Steering Committee to country teams)
- Ensures effective and efficient conduct/completion of all project-related activities and processes, e. g. documentation of meetings and dissemination
- Project Implementation:
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of the Project Implementation Plan and ensures the timely delivery of the outputs
- Coordinates with all project implementers and delivery partners on specific outputs and project milestones
- Facilitates the conduct of key project events and activities and ensures participation of all relevant members and partners
- Coordinates with the AFoCO Secretariat, Implementing Countries, ASEAN Secretariat and AKCF Secretariat on promotional and communication materials
- Ensures and coordinates all project monitoring and evaluation activities, consistent with the Guidelines for AFoCO Project Monitoring and Evaluation and the relevant guidelines of ASEAN Secretariat and AKCF Secretariat;
- Ensures systematic and safe keeping of record of project progress, accomplishments and activities including all other technical documents (e.g. project reports, consultancy/activity reports, etc.) and administrative (e.g. financial transactions/reports, equipment outlay/records, etc.);
- Performs all other tasks related to his/her job designation as may be assigned by the Executive Director, including necessary support in resource mobilization, other support to AFOCO Member / partner offices and teams.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in forestry, environmental science or a related discipline is required. Preference will be given to the candidate who holds Ph. D. degree.
- Work Experience
- Professional working experience of at least 5 years in project implementation and management preferably with considerable experiences and competencies in the field of forest fire management is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- Advanced level of multilingual skill for official languages spoken in any of sixteen (16) member countries (Parties & Obsevers) * of AFoCO Agreement other than English and mother tongue is an asset.
* – Parties: Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam
– Observers: Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, and Singapore
- The applicant shall be a national of the Republic of Korea (ROK) or a non-ROK national with legal residence and work permits in ROK who has no difficulties and limitations on their ability to perform duties in the relevant project sites and duty stations.
Evaluation of qualified candidates includes a preliminary review of application documents which may be followed by a competency-based oral interview in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the result of the preliminary evaluation and subsequent schedule of the oral interview by email.
How to Apply
Candidates whose qualifications and experience match the requirements for this position may submit their application documents as listed below:
- Personal history profile
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-1);
- Personal statement
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-2);
- Consent for Use of Personal Data
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-3);
- Degree certificates of higher educational institutions (university and graduate level);
- Military Service Certificate (When applicable);
- (Optional) Any documents supporting the candidate’s knowledge of a second language. A speaking/reading fluency test may be arranged during the oral interview.
The Application documents should be submitted by email: [email protected]
The subject of the email must state as “Job Application_LAST NAME_First Name_2022-PM02“. All required documents must arrive no later than 17:00 in Korean Time (GMT+9) on 23 May 2022.
- Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their application documents. Application documents which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the required documents is deemed to be false. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted.
- If the Secretariat fails to find qualified candidate through the evaluation process, the advertised post may not be filled.
- If the successful candidate cannot start working within one month after the date of appointment mutually agreed due to personal circumstances, the admission may be revoked.
- The successful candidate will be subject to taxation applicable under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea.
- The successful candidate will be covered by National Social Security and Insurance System in Korea.
If you have any other inquiries, please contact by email: [email protected].