|Deadline for Application||:||08 July 2022|
|Job Title||:||Director / Professional Level 4|
|Type of Appointment||:||Fixed-Term|
|Duration of Appointment||:||Two (2) years (Renewable contingent on performance)|
|Indicative Annual Salary||:||USD 88,351 to 107,114 (To be decided after assessment)|
|Eligible Nationality||:||Nationals of the Parties of the AFoCO Agreement at the time of application deadline:|
Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam
|Organizational Unit||:||Planning and Budget Division, Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat|
|Duty Station||:||Seoul, Republic of Korea (HQs)|
|Expected Date for Entry on Duty||:||At the earliest possible date after mutual consultation|
Background and Organizational Setting
Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO) is an inter-governmental organization currently embracing thirteen (13) Parties and three (3) Observer countries in Asia. AFoCO aims to strengthen regional cooperation by transforming proven technology and policies into concrete actions in the context of sustainable forest management to address the impact of climate change.
The AFoCO Secretariat is inviting qualified candidates for the post of Director of the Planning and Budget Division (PBD) to enhance the Secretariat’s capacity in fulfilling its functions and strengthening international forest cooperation in Asian region. To fulfill its mandate, PBD is responsible for strategic planning, governance, partnership development and administration including human resources and financial management of the Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director of the Asian Forest Cooperation Organization, the incumbent of this post will be responsible for the following duties:
- Undertake and supervise the programmatic, administrative, and managerial tasks necessary for the functioning of the Planning and Budget Division in a timely fashion; coordinate activities undertaken by the Division with other divisions of the Secretariat, as appropriate;
- Ensure proper regulations and relevant guidelines, policies and procedures concerning the division are in place and implemented for the operation of the Secretariat, particularly on staffing and financial matters, as well as matters associated with the hosting of the Secretariat in Seoul;
- Provides overall guidance, support and oversight for the effective management of staffing, and financial matters, logistics, procurement and technologies, taking the lead in securing the required resources for the successful operation of the Secretariat;
- Carry out managerial responsibilities relating to compliance with administrative requirements, budgeting, human resources and facilities management; provide advisory services Organization-wide on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and guidelines related to human resources and financial management as well as other administrative matters;
- Provide substantive support to the Executive Director in arrangements for the sessions of the Assembly and other consultative meetings including the preparation of agenda topics, necessary documents and presentations, and identification of participants, etc.;
- Provide overall guidance and support for institutional communications including official website to ensure the delivery of coordinated information and messages taking into account organizational strategic framework;
- Lead, coordinate and direct negotiations of legal agreements and/or arrangements for donors and partners relations to ensure effective outreach and resource mobilization; effectively coordinate and liaise with domestic agencies including the government of the host country to support the operation of the Secretariat;
- Provides policy advice and technical assistance to the senior management of the Secretariat in developing organizational framework and strategies such as vision and mission statement, mid-term strategic plan and its corresponding plan of actions, strategies towards emerging issues or concerns including AFoCO Forest Carbon Partnership Strategy and relevant pilot models and strategic baselining analysis;
- Ensure that the divisions under the purview of Secretariat are with clear operating procedures and working relations; develop and maintain office protocol and code of conducts;
- Undertakes other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) preferably in forestry, business or public administration, human resources management, international relations, or related discipline is preferred.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree) recognized by the Secretariat in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Work Experience
- At least seven (7) years of professional working experience in strategy development, policy development, program development/management, human resources management, business or public administration, or a related field at a government agency, NGO, private company, or an international agency dealing with forestry issues, international cooperation or related issues is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team with supervisory function is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required. Minimum requirement for English proficiency test score is 920 for TOEIC, 105 for TOEFL and 7.5~8 for IELTS Overall Band score. The applicants those who have resided and studied at an educational institution in an English-speaking country or worked in an international organization of the UN system for more than two (2) years will be waived of aforementioned requirement for the English proficiency test score.
- For this position, fluency in Korean (oral and written) is an advantage.
- Advanced level of multilingual skill other than English and mother tongue is an asset, especially for official languages spoken in any of sixteen (16) member countries (Parties & Obsevers*) of AFoCO Agreement listed below:
- A national of one of the Parties* of AFoCO Agreement as at the time of application deadline who has no difficulties in starting work immediately upon appointment.
- Applicants who are nationals of the Parties where they have military obligations should submit a military service information proving that they have no limitation on their ability to perform duties assigned during their appointment period.
* – Parties: Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam
– Observers: Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, and Singapore
Evaluation of qualified candidates includes a preliminary review of application documents which may be followed by a competency-based oral interview in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the result of the preliminary evaluation and subsequent schedule of the oral interview by email. If any changes occur, all the applicants will be informed beforehand by email.
How to Apply
Candidates whose qualifications and experience match the requirements for these positions may submit their application documents as listed below:
- Personal history profile
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-1);
- Personal statement
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-2);
- Consent for Use of Personal Data
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-3);
- Degree certificates of higher educational institutions (university and graduate level);
- Applicable English language test score certificates (TOEIC, TOEFL, or IELTS if any).
- Military Service Certificate (when applicable);
- (Optional) Any documents supporting the candidate’s knowledge of a second language. A speaking/reading fluency test may be arranged during the oral interview.
The Application documents should be submitted by email: [email protected].
The subject of the email must state as “Job Application_LAST NAME_First Name_2022-D01”. All required documents must arrive no later than 17:00 in Korean Time (GMT+9) on 08 July 2022.
- Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their application documents. Application documents which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the required documents is deemed to be false. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted.
- If the Secretariat fails to find qualified candidate through the evaluation process, the advertised posts may not be filled.
- If the successful candidate cannot start working within one month after the date of appointment mutually agreed due to personal circumstances, the admission may be revoked.
- The successful candidate may be subject to taxation applicable under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea.
- The successful candidate will be covered by National Social Security and Insurance System in Korea, and Accident and Life Insurance of the Secretariat.
- The successful candidate will be entitled to annual and other types of leave and shall observe the working hours of the Secretariat in accordance with the relevant regulations and guidelines of the Secretariat.
If you have any other inquiries, please contact by email: [email protected].