The Secretariat of the Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO) is involved in preparation of the following eight (8) events and the exhibition at the WFC. Below 3 events closely engages the research sector which require scientific background in the designing the event and further developing output.
Limited tender for procurement will be executed for the preparation and organizing of below three (3) events:
(1) Asian Forest Forum: Research, capacity development and good governance in Asia
- Date & Time: 30th April 2022, 10:00 – 16:00
- Venue: COEX
(2) Green Partnership for 20 years between ASEAN and ROK
- Date & Time: 3rd May 2022, 17:30 – 19:00
- Venue: COEX
(3) International Drylands Greening Network
- Date & Time: 5th May 2022, 9:00 – 10:30
- Venue: COEX
* Refer to the attachment for full RFP and detailed event information.
Description of Requirements
Brief Description of the Required Services
- Preparatory Work
Preparatory work will include designing of the event and development of program, invitation of participants and speakers, and logistic arrangements for the participants.
- Air Travel and Visa Arrangement
Upon confirmation of participants, flight arrangement and visa arrangements will be managed. Upon entry of the participants, domestic transfer of participants will be managed.
- During Event
Based on the design of the program, the organizer will prepare the venue and preside the sessions. The organizer will manage the participants for attendance to the event.
Upon completion of the event, the key take-aways and way-forward will be developed for each of the event including:
· event proceeding including consolidation of presentations
· analysis of needs and challenges raised and discussed during the event
· summary of key messages of the speakers
· achievement or accomplishment and key take-aways of the event
· way-forward and strategy based on the objectives and design of respective events.
List of Expected Outputs to be delivered
- Completion report with financial statement of expenditures
- Program book
- consolidated outputs as indicated under brief description of required services
- List of participants
Period of notice of Request for Proposal: 18 March 2022- 22 March 2022 (23:59 KST)
Expected duration of work: 25 March 2022 – 12 August 2022
Currency of Proposal: Korean Won
The proposals will be assessed based on below evaluation criteria.
(1) Network with research institutes in AFoCO Parties and Observers (25%)
– The relevance of the professional network of the proponent will be reviewed.
(2) Technical expertise in forest sector and international forest cooperation (25%)
– The expertise of the proponent in the forest sector and its professional engagement in international processes in the forest sector will be reviewed.
(3) Content and design of the event (25%)
– The content, program, and plan for the development of event output and way-forward will be reviewed.
(4) Budget allocation and total amount of budget (25%)
– Most economical and feasibility of budget allocation will be reviewed.
[Requirements for the proponent]
The requirements for the proponent for this limited tender are as follows:
- The proponent should have proven extensive experience and strong track record in organizing and managing international events of research institutes in the forest sector.
- The proponent should have proven extensive networks with the research networks in the Parties and Observers of AFoCO and the Central Asian region.
- The head of the institute/company or the lead project manager must have experience or hold a related position in the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) or Asia Pacific Association of Forestry Research Institutes.
- Non-profit institution in duly registered in the Republic of Korea.
Submission of Proposal
- Cover letter duly signed by the representative of the Institution/Company
- Business registration of the proponent
- List of international events of research institutes conducted within last 24 months.
- Proof of engagement with International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) or Asia Pacific Association of Forestry Research Institutes.
- Event proposal of 3 events with background, program, list of potential invitees and speakers
- Budget allocation
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL: 22 March 2022 (23:59 KST)
Submit to: [email protected]