|Publication/Transmission Date||:||28 March 2022|
|Deadline for Application||:||08 April 2022|
|Job Title||:||Regional Program Manager|
|Type of Appointment||:||Non-staff Personnel|
|Type of Requisition||:||Personal Service Agreement|
|Duration of Appointment||:||One (1) year (Renewable contingent on performance)|
|Indicative Annual Salary||:||USD 54,129 to 57,600 (To be decided after consultation)|
|Organizational Unit||:||Cooperation and Project Division, Secretariat for Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO)|
|Duty Station||:||Seoul, Republic of Korea (HQs)|
|Expected Date for Entry on Duty||:||At the earliest possible date after mutual consultation|
Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO) is an inter-governmental organization currently embracing sixteen (16) countries in Asia. AFoCO aims to strengthen regional cooperation by transforming proven technology and policies into concrete actions in the context of sustainable forest management to address the impact of climate change. The AFoCO Secretariat is inviting qualified candidates for the post of Regional Program Manager to ensure the successful implementation of the AFoCO Regional Project, entitled: “Improved local community livelihoods through increased income from non-timber forests products (NTFP): Modeling scalable community-based enterprises in Asia”.
This project aims 1) to promote nature-based and inclusive solutions to improve local community livelihoods and contribute to climate change adaptation through the development of country-specific, scalable, and replicable Community-based NTFP Enterprise (CBNE) Models and Capacity Building; 2) to improve income benefit capture from NTFPs for communities through research, value-addition, standards and certification, and market access; 3) to secure NTFP resource supply, balancing utilization and sustainable resource management, through increased knowledge and practice on NTFP Sustainable Harvesting Protocols (SHP), Resource Mapping & Monitoring (RMM), and Resource Enhancement Method and enabling policy, and; 4) to foster an enabling environment for CBNEs through the institutionalization of CBNE Development Extension support by building the capacity of government support providers, the creation and exchange of knowledge on CBNEs and NTFPs and policy recommendations.
The Regional Project Manager will be working in the Implementation and Monitoring (IM) team under the Cooperation and Project division (CPD) of the AFoCO Secretariat and directly reporting to the division director of CPD for supervision and guidance. CPD is responsible for developing and formulating cooperative projects/programs and coordinating the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the cooperative activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and direct supervision of the division director, or his designate of the Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat, the incumbent of this post will be responsible for the following duties:
- Facilitates the preparation of a project MOU (or an equivalent document) and transform the project proposal already approved by the AFoCO Assembly into a project document as an attachment of the MOU;
- Coordinates and packages relevant reports for timely submission, such as but not limited to: annual/mid-year report and monthly updates;
- Supports all requirements and inputs for the project inception, implementation, monitoring/evaluation, and full closure of the project including reporting, project documentation, and knowledge management consolidation;
- Performs partnership coordination:
- Coordinates information exchange among project participants and partners
- Coordinates planning, networking activities, and communication and outreach, including coordination and consolidation of work plans across the project structure (from the project steering committee to country teams)
- Ensures effective and efficient conduct/completion of all project-related activities and processes, e. g. documentation of meetings and dissemination
- Project Implementation:
- Supports and coordinates preparation of the project implementation matrix or plan and ensures the timely delivery of the outputs;
- Coordinates with all delivery partners on specific outputs and project milestones
- Leads in the organization of key regional project events and activities and ensures participation of all relevant members and partners
- Coordinates with country focal points and staff in their participation, as well as with international and national resource persons and participants, with respect to the regional project activities
- Assists in the design and delivery of AFoCO members project participation to the regional project activities and coordinates documentation and integration to project reporting of all the project activities
- Coordinates with the communications team on communication materials (policy briefs, articles, info briefs, etc.)
- Leads and coordinates all project monitoring and evaluation activities, consistent with the Guidelines for Project Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Performs all other tasks related to his job designation as may be assigned by the Executive Director, including any requested support in resource mobilization, other support to AFoCO member/partner offices and teams.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in forestry, environmental science, or a related discipline is required.
- Work Experience
- Professional working experience of at least 5 years in project implementation and management is required.
- Knowledge and skills required for a range of issues related to NTFP is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Advanced level of multilingual skill for official languages spoken in any of sixteen (16) member countries (Parties & Obsevers) * of AFoCO Agreement other than English and mother tongue is an asset.
* – Parties: Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam
– Observers: Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, and Singapore
- The applicant shall be a national of the Republic of Korea (ROK) or a non-ROK national with legal residence and work permits in ROK who has no difficulties and limitations on their ability to perform duties in the relevant project sites and duty stations.
Evaluation of qualified candidates includes a preliminary review of application documents which may be followed by a competency-based oral interview in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the result of the preliminary evaluation and subsequent schedule of the oral interview by email.
How to Apply
Candidates whose qualifications and experience match the requirements for this position may submit their application documents as listed below:
- Personal history profile
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-1);
- Personal statement
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-2);
- Consent for Use of Personal Data
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-3);
- Degree certificates of higher educational institutions (university and graduate level);
- Military Service Certificate (only for Korean male applicants);
- (Optional) Any documents supporting the candidate’s knowledge of a second language. A speaking/reading fluency test may be arranged during the oral interview.
The Application documents should be submitted by email: [email protected]
The subject of the email must state as “Job Application_LAST NAME_First Name_2022-PM01”. All required documents must arrive no later than 17:00 in Korean Time (GMT+9) on 08 April 2022.
- Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their application documents. Application documents which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the required documents is deemed to be false. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted.
- If the Secretariat fails to find qualified candidate through the evaluation process, the advertised post may not be filled.
- If the successful candidate cannot start working within one month after the date of appointment mutually agreed due to personal circumstances, the admission may be revoked.
- The successful candidate will be subject to taxation applicable under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea.
- The successful candidate will be covered by National Social Security and Insurance System in Korea.
If you have any other inquiries, please contact by email: [email protected].