|Deadline for Application||:||17 January 2023|
|Job Title||:||Senior Project Manager|
|Type of Appointment||:||Non-staff Personnel|
|Type of Requisition||:||Personal Services Agreement|
|Duration of Appointment||:||One (1) year with possibility for extension|
|Indicative Annual Gross Salary||:||USD 80,000 to USD 100,000|
|Organizational Unit||:||Special Project Unit, Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat|
|Duty Station||:||Seoul, Republic of Korea (HQs)|
|Expected Date for Entry on Duty||:||01 February 2023|
Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO) is an inter-governmental organization currently embracing sixteen (16) countries in Asia. AFoCO aims to strengthen regional cooperation by transforming proven technology and policies into concrete actions in the context of sustainable forest management to address the impact of climate change. The AFoCO Secretariat is inviting qualified candidates for the post of Senior Project Manager to ensure the successful implementation of the Regional-based AFoCO Special Projects. The Senior Project Manager will be working in the Special Project Unit (SPU) of the AFoCO Secretariat and directly reporting to the Vice Executive Director for supervision and guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and direct supervision of the Vice Executive Director, or his designate of the Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat, the incumbent of this post will be responsible for overall management and coordination of the following three (3) AFoCO Special projects: 1) Improved local community livelihoods through increased income from non-timber forests products (NTFP): Modeling scalable community-based enterprises in Asia; 2) Capacity Building on Enhancing Resilience to Forest Fire, and Local Livelihood and Market Linkages, and; 3) ICT for Adaptation to Climate Change and Forest Fire Management in Mekong Region. The incumbent may also concurrently serve as a Project Manager for one of those three (3) projects assigned to this post in accordance with the relevant terms of reference. The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Strategize structured schedule and road-maps to ensure successful achievement of project goals, assess resources available and required, identify potential risk and manage budget constraints for assigned projects;
- Track activities against the detailed implementation plans of the assigned projects and monitor plans based on evolving needs, conditions or issues that may arise to ensure on-time completion of activities under the projects assigned;
- Regularly review project status and evaluate project performance in accordance with the relevant criteria
- Monitor documentations for project activities and also establish standardized documents to be used by the Secretariat;
- Ensure to provide all requirements and inputs for the project inception, implementation, monitoring/evaluation and full closure of the projects assigned including timely reporting, project documentation and knowledge management consolidation;
- Ensure that quality of work packages and deliverables complies with the quality requirements defined in the relevant project documents and guidelines/manuals of AFoCO;
- Coordinates and packages relevant reports for timely submission, such as but not limited to: annual/mid-year report and monthly updates;
- Establish solid working relationships with the relevant project stakeholders and coordinate internal project communications; facilitating communication between project stakeholders and workstreams;
- Leads and coordinates monitoring and evaluation activities for assigned projects, consistent with the Guidelines for Project Monitoring and Evaluation of AFoCO;
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure projects comply with audit requirements applicable for the projects assigned;
- Ensure that the behavioral expectations of individual project managers are met, and performance reviews are conducted fairly and timely;
- Performs all other tasks related to his job designation as may be assigned by the Executive Director, including any requested support in resource mobilization, other support to AFOCO Member/partner offices and teams.
- Advanced university degree (Doctoral degree or equivalent) in forestry, environmental science or a related discipline is required.
- Work Experience
- Professional working experience of at least 15 years in project implementation and management is required.
- Knowledge and skills required for a range of issues related to NTFP or IT-based forest disaster management is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- Advanced level of multilingual skill for official languages spoken in any of sixteen (16) member countries (Parties & Obsevers) * of AFoCO Agreement other than English and mother tongue is an asset.
* – Parties: Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam
– Observers: Malaysia, and Singapore
- The applicant shall be a national of the Republic of Korea (ROK) or a non-ROK national with legal residence and work permits in ROK who has no difficulties and limitations on their ability to perform duties in the relevant project sites and duty stations.
Evaluation of qualified candidates includes a preliminary review of application documents which may be followed by a competency-based oral interview in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the result of the preliminary evaluation and subsequent schedule of the oral interview by email.
How to Apply
Candidates whose qualifications and experience match the requirements for these positions may submit their application documents as listed below:
- Personal history profile
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-1);
- Personal statement
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-2);
- Consent for Use of Personal Data
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-3);
- Degree certificates of higher educational institutions (university and graduate level);
- Military Service Certificate (when applicable);
- (Optional) Any documents supporting the candidate’s knowledge of a second language. A speaking/reading fluency test may be arranged during the oral interview.
The Application documents should be submitted by email: [email protected].
The subject of the email must be stated as “Job Application_LAST NAME_First Name_2022-PM01”. All required documents must arrive no later than 17:00 in Korean Time (GMT+9) on 17 January 2023.
- Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their application documents. Application documents which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the required documents is deemed to be false. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted.
- If the Secretariat fails to find qualified candidate through the evaluation process, the advertised post may not be filled.
- If the successful candidate cannot start working within one month after the date of appointment mutually agreed due to personal circumstances, the admission may be revoked.
- The successful candidate will be subject to taxation applicable under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea.
- The successful candidate will be covered by National Social Security and Insurance System in Korea.
If you have any other inquiries, please contact by email: [email protected].