REForest – Rescue Earth’s Forests
Starting 21 March (International Day of Forests) – 22 April 2022 (Earth Day)
Earth’s forests are key to combating climate change — they sequester carbon which would otherwise be released into the atmosphere. Forests not only provide valuable ecosystem services and goods, they also play important roles in conserving biodiversity and sustaining the livelihoods of forest-dependent communities. Yet despite all these benefits, deforestation and forest degradation continue at an alarming rate. Help us Rescue Earth’s Forests and raise awareness of the importance of forests!
AFoCO, supported by SK Forest and the Korea Forest Service, is launching a month-long Instagram Challenge to celebrate the International Day of Forests on March 21 and Earth Day on April 22. Let’s show that small changes can make a big difference and positively influence those around us. All Instagram users can join the challenge!
JOIN THE #REForest2022 CHALLENGE
1. Follow @afocosec on Instagram
2. Upload a photo/video of yourself carrying out any of these missions:
- Tree planting or home gardening
Planting trees not only contributes towards addressing climate change by, it also provides a myriad of other benefits such as air purification and noise reduction! Home gardening can play an important part of the solution to climate change by reducing carbon emissions and increasing carbon storage in the soil if sustainable and climate-friendly practices are applied in gardens and landscapes.
- Plogging in green spaces (Walk or jog while helping to clean up litter!)
Play a part in keeping our green spaces clean! Most ploggers bring a pair of gloves and trash bag along with them and pick up pieces of litter along the way. Recyclable litter that is collected can be disposed of in recycle bins to help cut down on plastics and other wastes that end up polluting our oceans.
- Using a tumbler instead of disposable cups to cut down on the use of single-use products can also help conserve natural resources and reduce carbon emissions from their production.
3. Post the photo/video on your Instagram feed together with a promise to the environment and the following hashtags: #REForest2022 #AFoCO
AFoCO and SK Forest will plant 1 mangrove tree for every challenge posting
A $10 digital gift card will be given to up to 300 randomly selected participants