Goals & Objectives of Project
Forests cover restored for providing various ecosystem services for the benefit of the local people and national development.
- Establishment of mechanized nursery for forest restoration;
- Capacity building of frontline forestry staff and communities on forest restoration;
- Soil erosion control and water conservation, and contribute to income generation of participating communities.
- Establish new tree nurseries in Ereen Mountain Range;
- Expand the existing small nurseries in the local region;
- Establish new tree nurseries in Deediin Valley;
- Conduct training course on seedling propagation techniques and their maintenance in the nursery; reforestation techniques and field practice, GIS and RS tools for data managemnet;
- Prepare forest management/restoration plan and business plan for a period of 10 years for the 2 project sites.
- Reforestation and plantation establishment at the Ereen Mountain Range;
- Reforestation and plantation establishment at the Deendiin Valley.
- Produce a guideline on establishing advanced tree nursery techniques to sustain the activities after project completion;
- Develop extension materials (leaflets, posters, and TV adverstiment) for showcasing the project and sharing lesson learned;
- Develop a policy brief containing the lessons learned and policy recommendations to improve forest restoration in degraded areas.
- Tree nurseries are established and seedling production is increased in the existing small nurseries;
- Capacity building trainings conducted for seedling production, tree planting, forest cleaning and forest protection measures to improve the survival and growth performance of plantations;
- Forest restoration plan developed for the Ereen Mountain Range and Deendiin Valley;
- Reforestation and restoration of 100 ha of area in the Ereen Mountain Range and 20 ha of area in Deendiin Valley;
- Knowledge and lessons learned about the impacts of forest restoration on socioeconomic and environment are documented and shared.