The Registration of Small-Scale Private Forest Plantations in Cambodia
Countries: CambodiaDuration: 2020 - 2021 (AFoCO/012/2019)Budget: 275,110 USD
Goal & Objectives
The project aims to enhance forest cover, increase sustainable livelihood opportunities, reduce degradation of natural forests, and support local development by establishing small-scale, private forest plantations. The main objectives are outlined as follows:
- To initiate the piloting of small-scale private forest plantations and prepare for a succeeding phase of the project in which the rate of establishment of those plantations is increased; and
- (Specific objective) To institutionalize the means to encourage the establishment of sustainable small-scale private forest plantations.
The project has three expected outputs:
- Guidelines and incentives to encourage the establishment of small-scale private forest plantations are developed and endorsed;
- Comparative assessments of the patterns of growth and market demand to use in the selection of species to provide in the establishment of small-scale private forest plantations are prepared; and
- Capacity building and outreach activities to initiate pilot plantations and prepare plans to support the continued establishment of small-scale private forest plantations are provided.