|Publication/Transmission Date||:||14 February 2023|
|Deadline for Application||:||28 February 2023|
|Job Title||:||Sub-consultant / ICT Professional (2), ICT Semi-professional (2), FFM Professional (1), FFM Semi-professional (2)|
|Type of Appointment||:||Non-staff Personnel|
|Type of Requisition||:||Personal Service Agreement|
|Duration of Appointment||:||12 months (Renewable contingent on performance)|
|Indicative Annual Salary||:||ICT Professional(USD35,700), ICT Semi-professional(USD 25,000), FFM Professional(USD31,200), FFM Semi-professional(USD29,500)|
|Duty Station||:||Republic of Korea|
|Expected Date for Entry on Duty||:||At the earliest possible date after mutual consultation|
Background and Organizational Setting
The project is a showcase of technological innovation in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in fire prevention, detection, monitoring, and management in Viet Nam and Cambodia, among the most susceptible countries to forest fire in the Mekong region. The ICT system will utilize GIS-based platform to simulate and predict fire vulnerable areas for timely preventive interventions, and use of the control measures by means of real-time and/or early forest fire detection, foot, and drone patrol, real-time reporting, and deployment of response.
The implementation of the project will build on smart data-driven forest fire management technological innovation of the Republic of Korea which will be adjusted as a pioneering initiative in both countries taking into account the peculiarities and conditions onsite. In-country (Cambodia and Viet Nam) awareness campaigns, collaborative arrangements, and capacity-building will be administered by the project to enable the government and the public to work together and address the forest fire problem using the ICT-based FFM protocol that will be developed by the project.
The lessons from the implementation will be documented and shared with the other Mekong and AFoCO member countries in the light of expanding the cooperation to promote innovative solutions to the forest fire problem. The project aligns with the initiatives on climate change mitigation and sustainable forest management by AFoCo and is consistent with MKCF environment priorities. It is also envisioned to add value to the international cooperation initiatives in the Mekong region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and direct supervision of the division director, or his designate of the Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat, the incumbent of this post will be responsible for the following duties:
- ICT Professional level
- Overall process and system design
- Process management/Development of the detailed strategy
- Analysis of GIS-based vulnerability/Development of ICT-based FFM (Forest Fire Management) protocol
- Development of the core algorithm for ICT-based FFM system/Customization for Cambodia/Viet Nam with user manual
- Setup/Application of the customized ICT-based FFM system
- ICT Semi-professional level
- Support for detailed tasks and assistance in algorithm customizing and coding
- Assist in the development and customization of the ICT-based FFM system protocol for Cambodia and Viet Nam and preparation of user’s manual
- Support in setup/application of the customized ICT-based FFM system
- FFM Professional level
- Development of the detailed strategy for FFM system
- GIS data gathering for forest inventory on study siteVulnerability analysis and forest threats/disaster assessment
- Algorithm modification of forest fire behavior prediction and risk rating for Cambodia and Viet Nam
- FFM Semi-professional level
- Support for detailed tasks and assistance in FFM system development
- Gathering data/information for GIS modeling and mapping /vulnerability assessment.
- Assist in the initial analysis of the data to be used for GIS modeling of fire vulnerabilities and in developing the local ICT-based Forest Fire Management (FFM) protocol
- Working Experience
- Professional Level: At least fifteen (15) years of project experience in either ICT or FFM fields, dealing with forestry issues, international cooperation, or related issues. Working experience in project or program development and management, preferably at the international level, including resources mobilization is desirable.
- Semi-professional Level: At least five (5) years of project experience in either ICT or FFM fields, dealing with forestry issues, international cooperation, or related issues. Working experience in project or program development and management, preferably at the international level, including resources mobilization is desirable.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Applicant should have no difficulties in starting work immediately upon appointment.
- Applicants who are nationals of the Parties where they have military obligations should submit a military service information proving that they have no limitation on their ability to perform duties assigned during their appointment period.
Evaluation of qualified candidates includes preliminary review of application documents which may be followed by a competency-based oral interview in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the result of the preliminary evaluation and subsequent schedule of the oral interview by email. If any changes occur, all the applicants will be informed beforehand by email.
How to Apply
Candidates whose qualifications and experience match the requirements for this position may submit their application documents as listed below:
- Cover Letter
- (Optional) Any documents supporting the candidate’s knowledge of a second language. A speaking/reading fluency test may be arranged during the oral interview.
The Application documents should be submitted by email: [email protected]
The subject of the email must state as “Job Application_LAST NAME_First Name_Consultants”.
All required documents must arrive no later than 17:00 in Korean Time (GMT+9) on 28 February 2023.
If you have any other inquiries, please contact by email: [email protected].