The AFoCO Internship Program welcomes talented young people who are interested in sharing new insights, innovative ideas, and research experiences with AFoCO. An internship at AFoCO presents a great learning opportunity to gain hands-on work experience while contributing to the vision and mission of AFoCO. During the internship period, interns experience firsthand the work of international civil servants.
The AFoCO Internship Program is operated on an unpaid and full-time basis. Interns shall cover all costs associated with their Internship, including visas, travel to and from the duty station, medical insurance, transportation, accommodation, and living costs. All interns are based at the Secretariat in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- An applicant who is majoring in or majored in forestry, environment, biodiversity conservation, agriculture, social science, political science, laws, international relations, development studies, accounting, communications, human resources management, information technology, social media, or graphic design will be an asset.
- An applicant should be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- An applicant who is a national of an AFoCO member country will be given priority unless otherwise specified by the Terms of Reference (ToR).
- An applicant should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good oral and written communication skills in English, and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programs.
- An applicant who is a first-degree relative (i.e., parent, sibling, or child) or spouse of a current staff member of AFoCO is not eligible for the Internship Program.
AFoCO Internship Program receives interns who meet the ToR criteria developed by the relevant Program Officer, who will supervise the Interns during the internship period as a supervising officer. The call for applications is usually announced on the AFoCO website unless there is prior consultation on the internship activity with the sponsored institution/agency.
The following are the areas of work and typical activities interns get to engage in during their internship period:
- Areas of work
- Administration and Governance
- Capacity Building and Education
- Project Development and Implementation
- Strategy and Planning
- Promoting and advocating implementation and accomplishments of program activities
- Coordinating AFoCO’s publicity activities
- Undertaking other duties as may be assigned by the supervising officer
For more details, please contact [email protected].
The AFoCO Internship Program welcomes sponsored interns. Academia, institutes, or other organizations should conclude a Letter of Agreement with AFoCO before sending their sponsored interns.