|Deadline for Application||:||08 July 2022|
|Job Title||:||Program Officer for Partnership and Resource Mobilization / Professional Level 2|
|Type of Appointment||:||Fixed-Term|
|Duration of Appointment||:||Two (2) years (Renewable contingent on performance)|
|Indicative Annual Salary||:||USD55,955 to 62,651 (To be decided after assessment)|
|Eligible Nationality||:||Nationals of the Parties of the AFoCO Agreement at the time of application deadline:|
Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam
|Organizational Unit||:||Planning and Budget Division, Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat|
|Duty Station||:||Seoul, Republic of Korea (HQs)|
|Expected Date for Entry on Duty||:||At the earliest possible date after mutual consultation|
Background and Organizational Setting
Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO) is an inter-governmental organization currently embracing thirteen (13) Parties and three (3) observer countries in Asia. AFoCO aims to strengthen regional cooperation by transforming proven technology and policies into concrete actions in the context of sustainable forest management to address the impact of climate change.
The AFoCO Secretariat is inviting qualified candidates for the post of Program Officer for Partnership and Resource Mobilization to enhance the Secretariat’s capacity in fulfilling its functions and strengthening international forest cooperation in Asian region. The Program Officer for Partnership and Resource Mobilization will be working in the Strategy and Outreach (SO) team under the Planning and Budget division (PBD) which is responsible for strategic planning, partnership development, governance and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and direct supervision of the Division Director of the Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat, the incumbent of this post will be responsible for the following duties:
- Resource Mobilization Strategy
- Develop, oversee implementation of, and update, as appropriate, the Resource Mobilization Strategy of the Organization by a) identifying, monitoring and analyzing funding mechanisms of existing and prospect donors/partners and their viability to support new and emerging development opportunities and b) identifying problems/issues/lessons learned and preparing recommendations on issues related to technical cooperation, partnership building and resource mobilization etc.;
- Compile information related to existing and/or prospective partners and donors, including preparation of donor profiles, as well as partner and donor interest/priorities databases ensuring the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information for senior management;
- Contribute to the development of technical and financial proposals to secure funding for AFoCO.
- Donors and Partner Relations
- Organize donors meeting with institutional resource partners to solicit their contributions and represent the Organization at relevant networks, workshops, seminars and policy events providing substantive inputs for such external meetings where relevant and appropriate;
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organizations;
- Engage in targeted networking to establish connections and serve as focal point for AFoCO Green Partnership to generate and encourage the highest level of contributions from the relevant donors and develop ideas and projects for formal collaboration;
- Participate in the negotiation of contribution and funding arrangement consistent with relevant regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures of the Organization;
- Assist in monitoring of program implementation while closely liaising with relevant donors to demonstrate results achieved.
- Coordination for Resource Mobilization
- Coordinate with relevant officers the development and deployment of policy, guidelines and procedures aiming to enhance efficiencies in Resource Mobilization;
- Coordinate resource mobilization and partnership development activities along AFoCO’s strategic objectives ensuring consistent and coherent approach to Resource Mobilization within the Secretariat;
- Lead and oversee organization-wide knowledge-sharing and capacity-building efforts aimed at mainstreaming of resource mobilization in support of the overall enhancement of AFoCO’s partnerships and resource mobilization capacities;
- Assist in including a resource mobilization perspective into public awareness, advocacy and outreach efforts to maximize opportunities for donor expansion and diversification.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in forestry, political science, international relations, development studies, economics, or related discipline. A first-level university degree recognized by the Secretariat in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Work Experience
- At least three (3) years of professional working experience in international relations, program development/management or other relevant field, out of which two (2) years of demonstrated experience in donor relations and resource mobilization, including partnership building, with private sectors and relevant donors is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required. Minimum requirement for English proficiency test score is 920 for TOEIC, 105 for TOEFL and 7.5~8 for IELTS Overall Band score. The applicants those who have resided and studied at an educational institution in an English-speaking country or worked in an international organization of the UN system for more than two (2) years will be waived of aforementioned requirement for the English proficiency test score.
- Advanced level of multilingual skill for official languages spoken in any of sixteen (16) member countries (Parties & Observers*) of AFoCO.
- A national of one of the Parties* of AFoCO Agreement as at the time of application deadline who has no difficulties in starting work immediately upon appointment.
- Applicants who are nationals of the Parties where they have military obligations should submit a military service information proving that they have no limitation on their ability to perform duties assigned during their appointment period.
* – Parties: Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam
– Observers: Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, and Singapore
Evaluation of qualified candidates includes a preliminary review of application documents which may be followed by a competency-based oral interview in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the result of the preliminary evaluation and subsequent schedule of the oral interview by email. If any changes occur, all the applicants will be informed beforehand by email.
How to Apply
Candidates whose qualifications and experience match the requirements for these positions may submit their application documents as listed below:
- Personal history profile
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-1);
- Personal statement
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-2);
- Consent for Use of Personal Data
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-3);
- Degree certificates of higher educational institutions (university and graduate level);
- Applicable English language test score certificates (TOEIC, TOEFL, or IELTS if any).
- Military Service Certificate (when applicable);
- (Optional) Any documents supporting the candidate’s knowledge of a second language. A speaking/reading fluency test may be arranged during the oral interview.
The Application documents should be submitted by email: [email protected].
The subject of the email must state as “Job Application_LAST NAME_First Name_2022-PO01”. All required documents must arrive no later than 17:00 in Korean Time (GMT+9) on 08 July 2022.
- Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their application documents. Application documents which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the required documents is deemed to be false. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted.
- If the Secretariat fails to find qualified candidate through the evaluation process, the advertised posts may not be filled.
- If the successful candidate cannot start working within one month after the date of appointment mutually agreed due to personal circumstances, the admission may be revoked.
- The successful candidate may be subject to taxation applicable under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea.
- The successful candidate will be covered by National Social Security and Insurance System in Korea, and Accident and Life Insurance of the Secretariat.
- The successful candidate will be entitled to annual and other types of leave and shall observe the working hours of the Secretariat in accordance with the relevant regulations and guidelines of the Secretariat.
If you have any other inquiries, please contact by email: [email protected].