|Publication/Transmission Date||:||16 December 2021|
|Deadline for Application||:||Until hiring|
|Job Title||:||Short-term Assistant for Assembly and Governance|
|Type of Appointment||:||Local Non-staff Personnel|
|Type of Requisition||:||Personal Services Agreement|
|Duration of Appointment||:||Six (6) months|
|Monthly Gross Salary||:||KRW 1,950,000|
|Eligible Nationality||:||A national of the Republic of Korea or a non-Korean national with legal residence and work permits in Korea|
|Organizational Unit||:||Planning and Budget Division, Asian Forest Cooperation Organization Secretariat|
|Duty Station||:||Seoul, Republic of Korea (HQs)|
|Expected Date for Entry on Duty||:||At the earliest possible date after mutual consultation|
Asian Forest Cooperation Organization (AFoCO) is an inter-governmental organization currently embracing fifteen (15) countries in Asia. AFoCO aims to strengthen regional cooperation by transforming proven technology and policies into concrete actions in the context of sustainable forest management to address the impact of climate change.
The AFoCO Secretariat is inviting qualified candidates for the post of Short-term Assistant for Assembly and Governance to enhance the Secretariat’s capacity in fulfilling its functions and strengthening international forest cooperation in Asian region. The Short-term Assistant for Assembly and Governance will be working in the Strategy and Outreach (SO) team under the Planning and Budget division (PBD) which is responsible for strategic planning, governance and administration. The SO team under PBD is responsible for Assembly planning and organizing, membership relations, organizational strategy planning, partnership development, and outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Division Director, and direct supervision of the Program Officer for Assembly and Governance, the incumbent of this post will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support in Assembly and Conference organizing
- Consolidate and edit documents for the Assembly and relevant meetings
- Manage registration and documentation of delegates and participants to the Assembly and relevant meetings
- Manage logistic arrangement for participants to the Assembly and relevant meetings
- Prepare documents for identification and contracting with the event organizers
- Coordinate and liaise with event organizers for organizing of Assembly and relevant meetings
- Support follow-ups in cooperation with the Program Officer for Assembly and Governance
- Assist in communications
- Drafting of communications to Parties, committee, and relevant diplomatic missions
- Support developing relevant internal guidelines of the Secretariat
- Send, receive, and filing of communications to and from Parties, Observers, committees and relevant diplomatic missions
- Support arranging virtual and physical meetings, courtesy visits, and overseas missions
- Support drafting documents and administrative duties
- Support preparation of Assembly documents related to governance and membership management
- Drafting internal documents, reference materials and summary notes for relevant meetings
- Support other administrative duties, as assigned
- First-level university degree preferably in international events management, public administration, international studies, or related discipline is required.
- Knowledge in forest science and environmental studies is an asset.
- Work Experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant professional experience is required. Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the related area of study may be accepted in lieu of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English and Korean is required.
- Advanced level of multilingual skill other than English and mother tongue is an asset, especially for official languages spoken in any of the sixteen (16) member countries of AFoCO Agreement listed below:
Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Viet Nam
- Ideal Candidate
- Proactive problem solver and team player with a growth mindset and positive attitude
- First-hand experience in event planning and organizing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and thrive in a fast-paced and fluid work environment
Evaluation of qualified candidates includes preliminary review of application documents which may be followed by a competency-based oral interview in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the result of the preliminary evaluation and subsequent schedule of the oral interview by email. If any changes occur, all the applicants will be informed beforehand by email.
How to Apply
Candidates whose qualifications and experience match the requirements for these positions should submit their application documents as listed below:
- Personal history profile
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-1);
- Personal statement
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-2);
- Consent for Use of Personal Data
(Submit a scanned copy with signature, using a form attached as ANNEX-3);
- Degree certificates of higher educational institutions (university and graduate level);
- Military Service Information or Certificate (When applicable);
- (Optional) Any documents supporting the candidate’s knowledge of a second language. A speaking/reading fluency test may be arranged during the oral interview.
The Application documents should be submitted by email: [email protected]. The subject of the email must state as “Job Application_LAST NAME_First Name_2021-AP02”.
- Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their application documents. Application documents which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the required documents is deemed to be false. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted.
- If the Secretariat fails to find qualified candidate through the evaluation process, the advertised posts may not be filled.
- If the successful candidate cannot start working within one month after the date of appointment mutually agreed due to personal circumstances, the admission may be revoked.
- The successful candidate will be subject to taxation applicable under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea.
- The successful candidate will be covered by National Social Security and Insurance System in Korea, and Accident and Life Insurance of the Secretariat.
- The successful candidate will be entitled to monthly leave and shall observe the working hours of the Secretariat In accordance with the relevant regulations and guidelines of the Secretariat.
If you have any other inquiries, please contact by email: [email protected].