Goal of Project
The project aims to introduce
- Showcase ICT-based Forest Fire Management (FFM): Demonstrating the capabilities of an ICT-based forest fire management system in Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Enhance in-country capabilities: Elevating the competence of government agencies and stakeholders in using the ICT-based FFM system and creating a comprehensive rollout plan.
- Promote international cooperation: Fostering collaboration on forest fire management and related threats in the Mekong region
- Vulnerability assessment related to forest related disasters, piloting in Cambodia and Viet Nam
- Development of an application to monitor forest fires and other forest-related disasters as input to government policy-making and planning/implementation.
- Capacity building of major actors from government, private sector, and communities.
- Knowledge sharing across the Mekong region through existing/potential platforms and network
- Report with GIS maps of forest fire vulnerability and other threats assessments.
- ICT application combined with readily available and user-friendly gadgets (e.g., smartphones).
- Plans prepared for communities and the government to integrate ICT approaches in addressing forest fire problems and other threats.
- Modules and IEC materials for training and awareness campaigns.
- Documented experiences and lessons and knowledge products developed.
- Improved capacity of government and stakeholders in using ICT platform for speedy and timely detection, monitoring, reporting, and deployment of response.
- Policies/protocols for the in-country roll-out of ICT use for FFM.