Goals & Objectives
With the pilot site located in Yan Yao Khao Wong Krasum National Reserved Forest, Surat Thani Province, Thailand, the project objectives are to:
- Assess the status of existing financial instruments for rare and endangered species preservation in the pilot site; and,
- Apply a suitable Payment for Ecosystem Services (PES) model for rare and endangered species preservation in the pilot site.
- Report on the PES Identification and Feasibility, including:
- Report on the baseline ecosystem services in the Ban Nam Rad watershed forest, as well as the habitat status of rare and endangered species that can be used as main species in the PES project.
- Report on the various stakeholders in the conservation of the Ban Nam Rad watershed forest/identify conservation groups and beneficiaries
- Report on the suitable PES model for rare and endangered species preservation in the pilot site, including:
- Report on criteria used as a measure of conservation performance and sustainability, such as the diversity of species
- Develop and disseminate PES Development Guide Book for Community-Based Ecotourism to preserve rare and endangered plant species that provide ecosystem services for tourism (200 copies)
- Visit to existing model site
- Publication on “Assessment of PES potential in the Ban Nam Rad Watershed Forest, Surat Thani Province, Thailand” developed